Department: Management Studies
Dhruv Sharma is an Assistant Professor in the Finance & Accounting area at the Institute of Management Studies. Prior to joining IMS, he was an Assistant Professor at JIMS, Trident Group of Institution. He holds MBA in Finance from State University of Uttar Pradesh– Gautam Buddh Technical University, B.ED in Commerce from MDU, BBA from State University of Uttar Pradesh, Pursuing Cost & Management Accounting from Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
His research involves examining the usefulness of accounting information in capital markets, innovation and economic growth, assessing the characteristics and usefulness of the financial forecasts of managers and analysts.
His teaching interest is in Financial Management, Corporate Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, particularly financial statement analysis for MBAs, and business plan analysis, advanced financial accounting for senior undergraduates.
He has worked as a Finance Analyst for Accenture India Pvt. Ltd. and as an Underwriter at Torus Insurance.
Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Company Accounting, Taxation, Behavioral Finance, Financial Market, Derivatives
1. Shah Santosh, Sharma Dhruv
Non-Performing Assets: A Comparative Study of SBI & HDFC Bank
Presented & Published Kaav Publication (International conference on emerging global merging trend and its implications in social economy) on 18th May 2019.
2. Sharma Dhruv, Jain Abhishek
Behavioural Finance Studies – Emergence And Development
Presented & Published in International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies.
3. Sharma Dhruv, Mishra Vandana, Pathak J.P
Published in International Journal of Economics & Business Research “The emergence of Behavioral Finance: A Study on Behavioral Biases during Investment Decision-making” in 2021
4. Arora Amit, Sharma Dhruv
Published in International Journal of Business and Globalisation “Mobile Banking Services Adoption in India: The Current Scenario” in 2021.
1. Sharma Dhruv, Pundhir Shivangi (2017)
Benefits of E- governance in India
International Conference on E-governance in Digital India: Prospects and Opportunities for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
2. Sharma Dhruv, Shah Santosh (2017)
A Critical Analysis of Healthcare in India- Opportunities & Challenges
International Conference on Global Trends in Management, Governance and Entrepreneurship (ICGTMGE- 2017).
3. Sharma Dhruv, Agarwal Riya
Pension Finance in India
International Conference on Management Imperatives for Sustainable Growth Organized by ICFAI BUSINESS SCHOOL, Gurgaon on August 24th, 2018.
4. Sharma Dhruv, Gupta Kshama
Fintech- The dawn of Era in India
Third International Conference on facets of business excellence - FOBE 2018 at IMT Ghaziabad on November 22nd -26th, 2018.
Attended Workshop on "Consumer Protection and Consumer Empowerment in India" in Collaboration with Centre for Consumer Studies Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
1. Attended a FDP on "Effective Teachers" at Trident Et Group of Institution on January 23-24, 2014.
2. Attended Workshop on “Consumer Protection and Consumer Empowerment in India” on February 28th - March 1st , 2014.
3. Awarded Information technology 100 hours course of study certificate with Ist Division at ICWAI Chapter.
4. Attended MDP on Finance For Non-Finance Executives at IMS Ghaziabad Lal Quan on April 18, 2015.
5. FDP on Pedagogic Interventions in Teaching organized by IMS Ghaziabad on 19th, 20th & 21st August, 2016.
6. Attended a FDP on "Research Methodology using SPSS" at IMS Ghaziabad on January 21-22, 2016.
7. FDP on 'Case Writing & Development' at Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad (University Courses Campus), 21st-22nd December, 2017.
8. Attended 28th National Annual Convention of Ghaziabad Management Association on Leadership in the Age of Transformation- An Opportunity for Development, January 20th, 2018.
9. Attended Knowledge Sharing Program on “Relevance of Case Studies in Professional Teaching” at IBS Gurgaon Campus on July 14th, 2018.
10. Attended Faculty Development Program on “Research Methodology Using SPSS” on January 17th-19th, 2019.
11. One day FDP on ‘Art of Case Writing by AK Dey’ By AK Dey at IMSUC Ghaziabad on 4th Feb,2020.
12. Ministry of Human Resource Development Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching, Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College (University of Delhi) and Indian Accounting Association, NCR Chapter, 7 Days National Faculty Development Programme on Time Series and Panel Data Analysis on (20th - 26th July, 2020).
Co- Convenor at National Seminar on Indian Financial System : Tactical Issues, Challenges and Scope at IMS Ghaziabad on 19th October 2019.