Dr. Sanghdeep Gautam has done his doctoral thesis entitled “Influence of Different Metal-Oxide Nanoparticles on Biochemical Changes and Crop Productivity in Soybean (Glycine max L.)" from Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, Prayagraj in 2022. From his thesis, he was able to publish his interesting findings in peer-reviewed international journals of repute. Dr. Gautam worked at Department of Microbiology as a Scientific Officer for molecular diagnosis of COVID-19 and central research laboratory at Krishna Mohan Medical College & Hospital, Mathura, up to December 2022. He has worked as seed analyst for DNA test at seed testing laboratory, Directorate of Seed & Farm, Shiats, Allahabad, Financed under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna. He has represented India in XVIII Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica during the season 2008-09 during a CSIR funded project entitled “Adaptive strategies of Antarctic Microflora under harsh environmental conditions in Schirmacher Oasis region, East Antarctica”. He has more than 09 years of experience in academics & research and taught various subjects like molecular biology, proteomics & genomics, nanotechnology both at UG and PG level. He is CSIR-UGC-NET qualified in life sciences. He has supervised 06 post graduate students for their dissertation work.
Awards & Honors
- National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research, Goa funded project fellowship 2008-2011
- UGC funded fellowship for doctoral degree 2012-2017
Areas of Interest Molecolar Biology, Proteomics & genomics, Nano-biotechnology, Plant tissue colture
Research publications in National/ International Journal
- S. Gautam, J. Singh and A. B. Pant, (2011). Effect of UV−B radiations on the pigments of two Antarctic lichens of Schirmacher Oasis, East Antarctica. Polish Polar Research, 32 (3) 279-287
- J. Singh, S. Gautam and A. B. Pant, (2012). Effect of UV−B radiations on UV absorbing compounds and pigments of moss and lichens of Schirmacher Oasis, East Antarctica. Cellolar and Molecolar Biology, 58(1): 80-84.
- Sanghdeep Gautam, Pragati Misra, Pradeep K Shukla and P.W. Ramteke (2016) Effect of Copper Oxide Nanoparticle on the Germination, Growth and Chlorophyll in Soybean (Glycine max (L.) Vegetos-An International Journal of Plant Research 29 (special), 157-160.
- Supriya Tripathi, Sanghdeep Gautam, Pragati Misra, Pradeep Kumar Shukla and P.W. Ramteke (2017.) Response of metal-oxidesnanoparticleson silique characters in mustard (Brassica nigra L.) varieties.
- Sanghdeep Gautam, Pragati Misra, Pradeep K Shukla and P.W. Ramteke (2014). Effect of engineered iron-oxide and copper oxide nanoparticles on the germination and growth on soybean (Glycine max.L.).International Journal of Plant Sciences.
- Tarun Kumar Chauhan, Vikas Rajput, Tanya Kain and Sanghdeep Gautam (2020). Nanotechnology: The Future Perspective Of Agricolture Practices. International Journal of Bio-Technology and Research: 10 (1): 97-112.
- S. Gautam, and J. Singh, (2011). In: Jaswant Singh and H.N. Dutta (ed.), Antarctica: The Most Interactive Ice-Air-Ocean Environment; oltraviolet Radiation Stress: Response and Protective Strategies of Antarctic Flora, Nova Science Publishers, Inc pp 107-129 (ISBN: 978-1-61122-815-1).
- Pragati Misra, Pradeep Kumar Shukla, Krishnendu Pramanik, Sanghdeep Gautam and Chittaranjan Kole (2016) Nanotechnology for Crop Improvement. In: Kole C, Sakthi Kumar D, Khodakovskaya MV (Editors) Plant Nanotechnology: Principles and Practices.Springer: ISBN 978-3-319-42154-4
- J Banerjee, C Kole, IA Medina-Velo, W Tan, JA Hernandez-Viezcas, JR Peralta-Videa, JL Gardea-Torresdey, N Zuverza-Mena, Mohamed M Sheikh, Kumar D Sakthi, S Jha, RN Pudake, PK Shukla, P Misra, S Gautam, K Pramanik, MV Khodakovskaya, MH Lahiani, R Sharma, S Dewanjee, "PLANT NANOTECHNOLOGY: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES." Methods 29 (2016): 63.
Paper presented at National/ International Conferences
- NAC V, 2014 BARC, Mumbai.
- International conference on Agricoltural Sciences and Food Technologies for Sustainable Productivity and National Security, August25th- August27th, 2016, Organized by University of Agricoltural Sciences, Bengaluru, India, Association of agricoltural technologies in South East Asia, Thailand and Society for Applied Biotechnology, India.
- Science of OMICS for Agricoltural Productivity: Future Perspective, March 4th- March 6th, 2014, Organized by G.B. Pant University, of Agricolture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
- BIOKUMBH 2016- A National Conference on Recent Trends and Advances in Biotechnology, February 20- February 21, 2016, Organized by Centre of Biotechnology, University of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- National Symposium on “Challenges, Opportunities and Innovative Approaches in Sugarcane: Agricolture, Bio-energy and Climate Change”, December 21st – December 23rd, 2016, Organized by U.P. Council of Sugarcane Research, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Swarna Jayanti National Conference on “Biodiversity and Sustainable Utilization of Plant Resources”, Feburary 17th – Feburary 18th, 2017, Organised by Department of Botany, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
National Seminars Attended
- Two days’ workshop on “Polymerase chain reaction and its applications” Society of Biotechnology. Sep. 21-22 2012 SHIATS, Allahabad.
- Two days’ workshop on “Immunology and immune techniques” Oct 18-19, 2012 Department of Biochemistry and Bioprocess Technology, JSBB, SHIATS, Allahabad
- Two days’ workshop on “Biochemical Techniques: Applications in life Sciences. Organized by Society Of Biochemists and Bioprocess Technologists, Department of Biochemistry and Biochemical Engineering, JSBB, SHIATS, Allahabad. March 13-14 2013.
- Self-Financed Short Term Course on “ Plant Tissue Colture Techniques and Applications, January 23-January 27, 2015 Organized by Department of Biotechnology, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- FDP Organized/ Attended