Department: Bio Sciences
My interest is in the development and application of various computational approaches for discovery and optimization of pharmacologically active therapeutic agents against MDR strains. I have experience in various molecular modeling techniques for Computer-Aided Drug Design (CADD). Worked on multiple drug discovery projects with interdisciplinary teams of structural biologist, medicinal chemist, pharmacologist and physicians. Applied diverse molecular modeling techniques like protein structure prediction (homology modeling), structural bioinformatics, molecular docking, and virtual screening, fragment-based in silico drug design, combinatorial virtual library enumeration, computational lead optimization, molecular dynamics simulations and free energy calculations. The in-silico predictions assisted medicinal chemist, molecular biologist and physicians to find novel small molecules with desired pharmacological activity. Actively participated in setting up the CADD laboratory and drug design projects. Also participated with the interdisciplinary drug discovery team for target identification, target prioritization, patent literature review and management of people/resources. I am pleased to say that my success in teaching has been recognized with the Dibrugarh University Centre for Biotechnology and Bioinformatics for 2010-2018.
1. Selected for Newton Funded Indo UK antimicrobial resistance workshop 14-18 December 2018 held at Banglore, Karnataka .
2. IEEE Best paper Award for Oral Presentation at International Conference on machine intelligence and research (ICMIRA) Dec 2013, Katra, Jammu.
a) Database Development : A phytochemical database curated for drug designing has been developed with 3000 phytochemicals. The development is undergoing. The database is made available in the URL : www.impdb.org.in
b)Algorithm : Protein Disorder Prediction Algorithm (Artificial Neural Network Model) has been developed using Java (Under the process of patenting).
c) Patent Published: A Novel Bioactive Triazine Derivative Against Methicillin Resistance Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Application201631022722 A, Published: 05/01/2018 Filed :01/07/2016 Inventors: Surabhi Johari , Buragohain Alak Kumar , Narain Kanwar, Kangjam Rekha Devi , Chetia Dipak , Sinha Subrata Pages: 29, Claims: 2, International classification:C07D251/70.
Microbiology; Organic /Chemical Synthesis of Compounds for drug designing ; Computer Aided Drug Designing.
1. Johari S Sharma A, Sinha S , Das A Integrating pharmacophore mapping, virtual screening, density functional theory, molecular simulation towards the discovery of novel apolipoprotein (apoE e4) inhibitors accepted Computational Biology and Chemistry (in press).
2. Johari S, Narain K, Barua N Discovery of penicillin binding proteins (PBPs) inhibitors by blending Virtual Screening, Molecular Docking and Simulation studies" has been accepted to the journal 'Current Drug Therapy' (Bentham Science).
3. Sinha S, Johari S, Hazarika A. A book chapter on "Convergence of Artificial Intelligence, ANN and High-Performance Computing" has been accepted for publication in Elsevier book series 2019.
4. Sharma A, Sinha S, Johari S, Mazumdar B. Bioinformatics and Pharmacogenomics. Tools to Understand and Accelerate Infectious Disease Control. Genomics-Driven Healthcare, Springer Nature 2018. ISBN 9789811075056 (Book chapter)
5. Johari S, Kanu M. A Novel Epitope Prediction for Vaccine Designing Against Ebola Viral Envelope Proteins, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 2015, 47:7; 13-57.pp (Impact factor 0.69).
6. Sinha S, Dias M, Johari S. Molecular Docking of Phytochemicals of Adhatoda vasica with the potential drug targets of Asthma-An Ayurinformatics Approach, Journal of Science, 2016 Mar 31;1(3):12-20. pp .
7. Chakraborty S, Buragohain J, Johari S, Sinha S. Rational Drug Design For Identifying Novel Target Inhibitors for Tuberculosis with Components of Asparagus racemosus, Journal of Science, 2015 Sep 11;1(2):23-31 pp.
8. Pegu R, Sarma BP, Borua R, Sinha S, Johari S, Ghosh A. Virtual Screening and Molecular Docking studies for discovery of potent drug candidates among compounds of Adhatoda vasica against Bronchial Asthma, In Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Dec 1 ;vol. 46, pp. S37-s37. (Impact factor 0.69)
9. Surabhi Johari, Mridujuna Gogoi et al., MRSA -A Superbug, In World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2015 4(8):470-492
10. Pegu R, Sarma Bp, Borua R, Sinha S, Johari, S, Ghosh A. Virtual Screening And Molecular Docking Studies For Discovery Of Potent Drug Candidates Among Compounds Of Adhatoda Vasica Against Bronchial Asthma, Indian Journal Of Pharmacology 2014 Dec 1 (Vol. 46, Pp. S37-S37). B-9, Kanara Business Centre, Off Link Rd, Ghaktopar-E, Mumbai, 400075, India: Medknow Publications & Media Pvt Ltd. (Impact Factor 0.69)
11. Yim M, Sarma Bp, Sinha S, Deka H, Deka H, Parida P, Ghosh A, Johari S. Exploring The Possible Mechanism Of Albizzia Lebbeck Components Binding With Drug Targets Of Bronchial Asthma-An Insilico And Clinical Analysis in IJPSR , 2014; Vol. 5(11): 5042-5051 pp (Impact Factor 2.44).
12. Sharma Rb, Gogoi M, Baishya B, Johari S. 3D QSAR And Docking Studies Of A Series Of Hamamelitannin Derivatives As Potential Pbp4 Inhibitors in International Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences Int J Pharm Pharm Sci,2014, Vol 6, Issue 6, 558-562 pp .
13. Surabhi Johari, Panchamita Basumatary, Kanwar Narain, Pratap Parida, N.C.Barua. Pharmacophore Modeling, Virtual Screening And Molecular Docking Studies For Discovery Of Novel Inhibitors Against Staphylococcal Infections,International Conference On Machine Intelligence Research And Advancement, IEEE 2013, ISSN: 978-0-7695-5013-8, 628-634 pp.
14. Surabhi Johari ,Priyanka Dey Ashwani Sharma, Subrata Sinha Kanwar Narain N.C.Barua. Flux Balance Analysis: An Insilico Analysis Of Staphylococcus aureus Cell Wall Biosynthesis Pathway Metabolism. International Conference On Machine Intelligence Research And Advancement, IEEE 2013, ISSN: 978-0-7695-5013-8, 635-640pp( IEEE Best Paper).
15. Supriya Chakraborty, Subrata Sinha, Surabhi Johari , Pallavi Dutta. Design and Development of Software for managing data for Protein-Ligand Docking Studies. International Journal of Science and Applied Information Technology, (1) 2012, ISSN 2278 - 3083, 25-29pp (Citations 1)
16. Subrata Sinha, Surabhi Johari, Khushboo Gupta ,Sewali Bora.Protein ligand interaction studies of DJ-1 protein responsible for Parkinson's disease and chemical analogues of Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi) compounds published in ObCom 2011 CCIS 269,pp 44-50pp 2012 @ Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. (Impact factor 0.3)
17. Surabhi Johari, Subrata Sinha , Sewali Bora ,Sagarika Biswas Khushboo Gupta. Ligand binding studies of Caspase 3 protein with compounds of Bacopa monneri -A target protein responsible for Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in ObCom 2011 CCIS 269,37-43 pp 2012 @ Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg .(Impact factor 0.3).
18. 1Surabhi Johari ,Rajeev Sharmah ,Subrata Sinha .Ligand Binding Studies for DPP IV a Target Protein Responsible for Diabetes Mellitus Type 2: Structural Based Approach for Drug Designing published in IEEE Explorer ISBN No. 978-1-4244-9579-5 :148-152,2011 (Citations 1)
19. Surabhi Saxena,H.R.Das, Das D, Sagarika Biswas published in Homology based 3D structure modeling of glucose specific Sesbania stem lectin published in Online Journal of Bioinformatics volume 9 (2):113-120, 2008
Attended Newton Funded Indo UK Antimicrobial Resistance Residential Workshop 14-18 December 2017 held at Banglore, Karnataka.
Attended workshop organized by Biodiscovery group on CRSIPR/Cas 9 from 12 -20 February 2018.
Attended Course on "Advanced Bioinformatics Skills and NGS analysis" organized by ArrayGen Technologies Pune from 26- 27 January 2018.