Dr. Tanushri Chatterji has 10 years of research and teaching experience. Her research interests are Medical microbiology, Infectious Diseases, Metabolomics, and Nanoscience. Formerly she has worked as Reader, Babu Banarasi Das University College of Dental Sciences, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh).
She completed her PhD (Biotechnology) in 2017 from Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences (Dr. RMLIMS) in collaboration with Centre of Biomedical Research, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh). Her thesis entitled “Metabolomic study in body fluids for differentiation of Meningitis in adults: A Pilot Study”.
She has worked on following Intramural Funded Projects at Dr. RMLIMS:
Metabolomic study in body fluids for differentiation of meningitis in adults: A Pilot Study.
Metabolomic study in urine for biomarker exploration in adults with urosepsis: A pilot study.
Biomarker Exploration using 1H NMR Spectroscopy for diagnosis of Cryptococcal meningitis in adults. -A Pilot Study.
Awards & Honors
Awarded with first position in Workshop on Innovation in Medical Technology “Converting Ideas to products” held on 25th May 2019 at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
Areas of Interest
Microbiological Analysis: Staining techniques, culture and sensitivity, biochemical tests, identification of organisms, Cell cultures.
Molecular: DNA isolation, PCR, ELISA, electrophoresis.
Metabolomic analysis: data handling and analysis using 1H NMR spectroscopy and GC-MS.
Having knowledge regarding the emerging field of network biology and computational biology
1)Tanushri Chatterji and Sunil Kumar., Biological Approaches to Controlling Pollutants, “Biofilms in remediation of Pollutants” (2021), 399-417.
2)Tanushri Chatterji and Sadanand Pandey. “Advancement and New Challenges in Heterogeneous Photocatalysts for Industrial Wastewater Treatment in the 21st century” in Photoreactors in Advanced Oxidation Process: The Future of Wastewater Treatment (Eds. Elvis Fosso-Kankeu, Sadanand Pandey and Suprakas Sinha Ray) (Accepted, In press).
Research publications in National Journal:
- 1) Tanushri Chatterji, Anupam Das, Manodeep Sen, Vineeta Mittal, Deepak K Singh, Gaurav R Agarwal, Janmejai K Srivastava, Gopal Vanvani, Sunanda Joshi. Chryseobacterium Indoloegenes Meningitis in Patient with Central Nervous System Shunt. MJM Journal of Medical Sciences (2016); 3(2):1-5.
- 2) Manodeep Sen, Tanushri Chatterji. Use of Metabolomics as a Diagnostic Tool of Urosepsis in Adult Patients. ARC Journal of Urology (2016); 1(3); 30-31.
- 3) Manodeep Sen, Tanushri Chatterji, Vivek Singh, Pushpa Yadav, Anupam Das, Vineeta Mittal. Cryptococcal meningitis in HIV (AIDS) patients: A Mini Review. Annals of Applied-Biosciences. (2017); 4(1): 16-17.
- 4) Pushpa Yadav, Manodeep Sen, Anupam Das, Tanushri Chatterji. Cryptococcal meningitis in India. MJM Journal of Medical Sciences (2019); 6:194-203.
- 5) Priya Singh, Samar Fatmi, Shyam Kumar Maurya and Tanushri Chatterji. Healing of oral wounds and regeneration of tissue: A Review Article. Journal of emerging technologies and innovative research. (2019); 6 (6); 75-81.
- 6) Alka Singh, Rajeshwar Nath Srivastava, Tanushri Chatterji, Suruchi Singh, Lavini Raj, Abbas Ali Mahdi, Ravindra Kumar Garg, and Raja Roy. “1H NMR urine metabolomics is an effective prognostic indicator in acute spinal cord injury (ASCI): A prospective case-control study.” Journal of Metabolomics and Systems Biology. (2020); 4(1); 1-21.
- 7) Ankita Singh, Anuradha Palshikar and Tanushri Chatterji. Comparison of the efficacy of homemade herbal disinfectants with chlorhexidine for decontamination of toothbrush: a randomized controlled trial. MJM Journal of Medical Sciences (2021); 8(4):375-382.
Research publications in International Journal:
- 1) Vishal K. Deshwal, Reena, Prerna Sharma, Sonal Gupta, Maumita Chakraborty & Tanushri Chatterji. “Phosphorus Solubilizing Pseudomonas aeruginosa PMV-14 enhance productivity in rice crop”. International Journal of applied agricultural research. (2011) 6 (1): 29-33.
- 2) Amit Pandey, Iman Ali, Kailash Singh Butola, Tanushri Chatterji & Vidyottama Singh. “Isolation and characterization of Actinomycetes from soil and evaluation of antibacterial actinomycetes against pathogens”. International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology. (2011); 1(4): 384-392.
- 3) Tanushri Chatterji, Suruchi Singh, Manodeep Sen, Ajai Kumar Singh, Pradeep Kumar Maurya, Nuzhat Husain, Janmejai Kumar Srivastava, Sudhir Kumar Mandal, Raja Roy. Comprehensive 1 H NMR metabolic profiling of body fluids for differentiation of meningitis in adults. Metabolomics (2016).12:130.
- 4) Suruchi Singh, Tanushri Chatterji, Manodeep Sen, Ishwar Ram Dhayal, Swati Mishra, Nuzhat Husain, Apul Goel, Raja Roy. Serum procalcitonin levels in combination with 1H NMR spectroscopy: A rapid indicator for differentiation of urosepsis. Clinica Chimica Acta (2016). 453: 205-214.
- 5) Tanushri Chatterji, Suruchi Singh, Manodeep Sen, Ajai Kumar Singh, Gaurav Raj Agarwal, Deepak Kumar Singh, Janemejai Kumar Srivastava, Alka Singh, Rajeshwar Nath Srivastava, Raja Roy. Proton NMR metabolic profiling of CSF reveals distinct differentiation of meningitis from negative controls. Clinica Chimica Acta (2017); 469:42-52.
- 6) Upasana Yadav, B. C. Yadav, Manodeep Sen, Tanushri Chatterji, Qamar Rehman. Antimicrobial effect of synthesized TiO2 nanoparticles against pathogenic microorganisms. International Journal of Current Multidisciplinary Studies. (2017); 3(05): 751-755.
- 7) Alka Singh, Rajeshwar Nath Srivastava, Ashok Agraharia, Suruchi Singh, Saloni Raj, Tanushri Chatterji, Abbas Ali Mahdi, Ravindra Kumar Garg, Raja Roy. Proton NMR based serum metabolic profile correlates with the neurological recovery in treated acute spinal cord injury (ASCI) subjects: A pilot study. Clinica Chimica Acta 480 (2018); 150-160.
- 8) G. Nagesh Babu, Manjeet Gupta, Vimal K. Paliwal, Suruchi Singh, Tanushri Chatterji, Raja Roy. Serum metabolomics study in a group of Parkinson's disease patients from northern India. Clinica Chimica Acta (2018); 480: 214-219.
- 9) Pushpa Yadav, Manodeep Sen, Anupam Das, Janmejai Kumar Srivastava, Ajai Kumar Singh, Pradeep Kumar Maurya, Poonam Chaturvedi, Hardeep Singh Malhotra, Gaurav Raj Agrawal and Tanushri Chatterji. Clinical pattern and antifungal susceptibility of cryptococcus neoformans from cryptococcal meningitis patients in Northern India. International Journal of Current Advanced Research 2019: 8(08A); 19581-19588.
- 10) Pushpa Yadav, Manodeep Sen, Anupam Das, Janmejai Kumar Srivastava and Tanushri Chatterji. Evaluation of different methods for rapid diagnosis of cryptococcal meningitis patients at tertiary care hospital. International Journal of Current Advanced Research. (2019); 8 (10A); 20119-20123.
- 11) Namrata Khanna, Suruchi Singh and Tanushri Chatterji. Potential Application of Nanotechnology in Wastewater Management: A Paradigm Shift. Material Letters (2022); 315(4):131975.
- 12) Pushpa Yadav, Manodeep Sen, Janmejai Kumar Srivastava, Anupam Das and Tanushri Chatterji. Fatal cryptococcal meningitis in a non-HIV patient: A case report. International journal of health sciences. (2022); 6, S1; 5653–5664.
- 13) Surabhi Shukla, Suruchi Singh, Namrata Khanna, Tanushri Chatterji, Upasana Yadav, Reeta Maurya, Sadanand Pandey. Laboratory-Based Diagnostic Tools for COVID-19: An Overview of Challenges and Limitations. Current Applied Sciences. (2022); 2(1):13-30.
Paper presented in International Conferences:
- 1) Poster presented on “Proton MR Metabolic Profiling in bodyfluids for differentiation of Meningitis in adults”. Presented at 24th Annual Meeting of International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM 2016) from 7th to 13th May 2016, Singapore.
- 2) Oral Presentation on “Healing of oral wounds and regeneration of tissue: A Review Article”. Presented at “International Conference on the Interdisciplinary Academic Research and Innovation” held on 25th June (2019), Hyderabad.
National Seminars Attended:
- 1) Attended 1st National Science Conclave in December 2008, Allahabad.
- 2) Attended 4th National Conference of ASICON in December 2011, SGPIMS Lucknow.
- 3) National Level Conference on “Nanoscience and Biotechnology- Present & Future Prospectives” held at Integral University (Department of Bioengineering), on 20th April 2013, Lucknow.
- 4) 6th Science Conclave from 8th to 14th December 2013, IIIT Allahabad.
- 5) Attended XIV Annual Conference of Association of Medical Microbiologists-UP-UK Chapter (UP-UK MICROCON 2019) on 1st and 2nd February 2019, Era’s Medical University, Lucknow.
- 6) Attended Conference on “Nutrition for Health” held at Kalam Centre, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow on 7th-8th April 2019.
- 7) Attended National e-Seminar on “Computational to Lab Strategies on COVID-19 on 29th June-20th June 2020. Organized by Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow.
International Seminars Attended:
- 1) International Symposium Indo-UK Genetic Education Forum on “Current Trends in Genetic and Genomic Medicine” on 31st January 2013, Dr. RMLIMS Lucknow.
- 2) Awareness workshop on “International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)” on 17th January, 2014 organized by Central Bureau of Health Intelligence, Lucknow.
- 3) Awareness workshop on “International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10)” on 11th March, 2015 organized by Central Bureau of Health Intelligence, Lucknow.
- 4) Attended online “International Model United Nations Conference” held on 19th and 20th September 2020.
- 1) “Workshop on NMR/MRI from molecules to human behavior” from 26th December 2013 to 4th January 2014, CBMR Lucknow.
- 2) DBT Sponsored Short Term Training Course on "Application of Metagenomic tools for bioremediation towards environmental restoration" held at Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida from 14th November to 29th November 2017.
- 3) Workshop on “Recent Advancement in Computational Design of Drugs and Biologics” held at Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus in collaboration with Schrodinger held on 27th-28th August 2019.
- 4) Attended virtual workshop on “Drug Design and Discovery” held on 28th May 2020. Organized by Department of Biotechnology, Bansal Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- 1) Workshop on “Anti-Microbial Stewardship” on 5th October 2013, Lucknow.
- 1) Participated in CSIR- Summer Research Training Program from June to August 2020 (Online).
- 2) Participated in Online FDP on "Computer Science & Biology" from 18th January 2021 to 22nd January 2021 at Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur and conducted by AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy.
- 3) Successfully completed online “Summer Faculty Research Fellow Program” conducted by IIT Delhi for 8 weeks (8th June 2021- 7th August 2021).
National Seminar Conducted:
- 1) Symposium on “Update on Screening of Breast & Cervical Cancer” on 4th February 2013, Lucknow.
- 2) “Breast & Cervical Cancer Screening Camp” on 5th February 2013, Lucknow.
- 3) Symposium on “Update on Tuberculosis” on 18th March 2013, Lucknow.
- 4) Symposium on “Vector Borne Diseases” on 5th April 2014, Dr. RMLIMS Lucknow.