Department: Bio Sciences
Received DAAD funded scholarship to attend IGCS (Indo-German Centre for Sustainability) Winter School (workshop) from February23rd - March 8th 2019, held at IIT Madras.
Senior Research Rellow- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India CSIR –SRF on the Title A new approach to enhance lipid yield of microalgae in a photoheterotropic fed batch bioreactor for biodiesel production.
Monika Prakash Rai, Shrasti Vasistha “A biopolymer induced microalgae cell flocculation and enhanced lipid production for biodiesel application” with application number 202011010829 (CRN3879), filed on 13 March, 2020.
Monika Prakash Rai, Anwesha Khanra, Shrasti Vasistha “A method for flocculation and lipid extraction by microalgae using zirchonium di oxide nanoparticles” with application number 201711039756, filed on January, 2018
Microalage biomass, Waste management, Biofuels, Bioremediation, Nanomaterials
· Kushi Yadav, Reetu, Shrasti Vasistha, Monika Prakash Rai Algal physiology and cultivation under book series handbook of Algal Biofuels: Aspect of cultivation, Conversion and Biorefinary by Elsevier (Submitted) on 20 Jan, 2021.
· Reetu, Kushi Yadav, Shrasti Vasistha, Ashutosh Srivastava, Monika Prakash Rai. 2020. Microalgae as a sustainable feedstock for biofuel production and value-added co-products” in Algal Biofuels for Bioenergy Applications, under the book series “Innovations in Biotechnology” by Apple Academic Press/CRC Press.
· Shrasti Vasistha, Anwesha Khanra and Monika Prakash Rai 2018. Progress and challenges in biodiesel production from microalgae feedstocks. Springer Nature, ISBN:978-981-13-2263-1.
· Shrasti Vasistha, Akshay Garg. 2016. Effect of Electromagnetic radiation on Lactobacillus species. J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 8 (7): 123-126 ISSN: 0975-7384 (http://jocpr.com/vol8-iss7- 2016/JCPR-2016-8-7-123-126.pdf) (Indexed in Scopus)
· Shrasti Vasistha, Anwesha Khanra, Monika Prakash Rai 2018. Boosting lipid assimilation of a novel microalgae in mixotrophic cultivation and incorporating silver nanoparticles for improved cell recovery towards biodiesel application. Research journal of biotechnology 14 (6), 31-40. (Indexed in Scopus, SCI, Impact factor 0.242)
· Shrasti Vasistha, Anwesha Khanra, Mike Clifford, Monika Prakash Rai 2020.Current advances in microalgae harvesting and lipid extraction processes for improved biodiesel production: A review” in Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 110498. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2020.110498 (Indexed in Scopus, SCI, Impact factor: 14.9)
· Shrasti Vasistha, Anwesha Khanra, Monika Prakash Rai 2020. Influence of microalgae-ZnO nanoparticle association on sewage wastewater towards efficient nutrient removal and improved biodiesel application: An integrated approach. Journal of Water Process Engineering. 101711. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwpe.2020.101711 (Indexed in Scopus, SCI, Impact factor 5.48)
· Anwesha Khanra, Shrasti Vasistha, Shashi Kumar Monika Prakash Rai, 2021 Cultivation of microalgae on unhydrolysed waste molasses syrup using mass cultivation strategy for improved biodiesel. 3 Biotech 11, 287 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-021-02823-7. (Indexed in Scopus, SCI, Impact factor: 2.4)
· Anwesha Khanra, Shrasti Vasistha, Monika Prakash Rai 2020. Role of C/N ratio on microalgae growth in mixotrophy and incorporation of Titanium nanoparticles for cell flocculation and lipid enhancement in economical biodiesel application. 3 Biotech 10, 331 (2020). https ://doi.org/10.1007/ s13205-020-02323-0. (Indexed in Scopus, SCI, Impact factor 2.4)
· Anwesha Khanra, Shrasti Vasistha, Monika Prakash Rai 2020. ZrO2 nanoparticles mediated flocculation and increased lipid extraction in chlorococcum sp. for biodiesel production: a cost effective approach” in Material Today Proceedings. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.05.290. (Indexed in Scopus, SCI)
· Anwesha khanra, Shrasti Vasistha, Monika Prakash Rai 2017. Glycerol on Lipid Enhancement and FAME Characterization in algae for Raw Material of Biodiesel IJRER 7(4) (http://www.ijrer.org/ijrer/index.php/ijrer/article/view/6367/pdf) (Indexed in Scopus, SCI, Impact factor 5.1)
Delivered Oral presentation on “Mixotrophic cultivation of isolated microalgae in sugarcane vinasse for improved lipid recovery towards biodiesel application” in Global Biotechnology Conference held on 02-03 Sep, 2020.
Participated in poster category on World Environment Day held at IIT, Madras on 5 June, 2020
Delivered oral presentation on Topic “Isolation of novel microalgae from molasses and its application in biodiesel” in Trends in life science and Biotechnology innovative paradigms held at Delhi University from February19th-20th, 2019.
Presented poster on entitled “Isoaltion of Microalgae from waste water for nutrient removal and FAME production” in NFEST India 2018 International conference held at DTU New Delhi from January 8 th-12th, 2018.
Presented poster entitiled “Heterotrophic cultivation of Chlorella sp for the production biodiesel” in BioFuture, 2018 held at Bundelkhand University, Jhansi from March 27- 28th , 2018.
Presented poster on entitled “Cultivation of Chlorosarcinopsis sp. in Sewage Wastewater for Lipid Production” in Bioprocessing India 2017, International conference held at IIT Guwahati from December 9th-11th, 2017
Presented Poster on entitled “Mixotrophic cultivation of Euglena sp through media optimization for efficient lipid production” National Conference on Recent Advances in Biomedical Science: Diagnosis & Research (BIOMEDCON-2016) and 2nd Annual Scholar’s Science Meet of SBMLS held at Delhi University on 16th December, 2016
Oral presentation entitled “Assessment of microbiological quality of spices with special reference to Cronobacter species” as a part of fulfillment for the requirement of award of the degree of Master of Technology in Biotechnology in the School of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India during month, 2016.
Delivered a poster presentation entitled “Sugarcane molasses: status, traditional, current uses and future prospects” sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, held at Shoolini University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India on February 25 -26, 2016.
IGCS (Indo-German Centre for Sustainability) Winter School (workshop) from February23rd - March 8th 2019, held at IIT Madras.
4th & 6th May,2022.