Vishakha Sen is a versatile English lecturer, soft skills, verbal ability trainer. Undertaken academic responsibilities and corporate training for personality development, literary studies and placements. Active in research and creative writing, well published in reputed journals and magazines. Competent in enhancing clients’ ability to understand, articulate, and communicate better. Revered by students, she teaches literature and trains thoroughly to own the room with proper presence and project confidence in any situation.
Awards & Honors:
- The Special Minds Global Excellence Award 2021 in Best Trainer, Best Young Researcher, Creative Teaching Learning Process junior category.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund JNMF Doctoral Scholarship awardee 2018
- SET Maharashtra 2018 qualified
- Invited Poem “Bobcat in my Backyard” read among 10 shortlisted poems at West Coast Tagore Festival 2016, Richmond, Canada, organized by Vancouver Tagore Society, Richmond, Canada. http://vancouvertagoresociety.org/poetrycon-2016/
Virtual guest lectures:
- Guest lecture speaker on 286th One day National webinar on “Employability Skills for Personality Development” Organizer: ABHAV Foundation, Chhattisgarh, 11th June 2021 Youtube:
- Invited as research scholar speaker to give lecture on Webinar on Celebrating 100 years of Freud’s Beyond the Pleasure Principle Youtube: https://youtu.be/w8ESh1POYT8 Department of English and Modern European Languages, University of Lucknow
Virtual discussion and Poetry Performance:
- Discussion at Womanhood, Rhetorica Quarterly Vol 1, No. IV, Department of English and Modern European Languages video 01:07:27 to 01:09:29 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsJ7fyyF9w
- Poetry Session poem reading invite at ‘Metaphor LitFest Spring Edition 2021’ organized by Lucknow Expressions Society at University of Lucknow, 12th Mar 2021.
- Performed in Lucknow Society’s Arz Kiya Hai, Open mic session III on 28th July 2018 at Spoilt Brats, Gomtinagar, Lucknow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoZaEVhoT7s
- Member of Association for English Studies AES, India.
- Editor in The SPL Journal of Literary Hermeneutics: A Biannual International Journal of Independent Critical Thinking is an Open Access, Double-blind Peer-reviewed / Refereed Journal, https://www.literaryherm.org/Editorial/Editors.php
- ELT@I The English Language Teachers' Association of India Member.
Areas of Interest: English Literature studies, Contemporary literary theories, Indian English literature, Indian Psychoanalysis, Cultural studies and multidisciplinary research,
Soft Skills training, placement and development, Professional Communication, Business Communication, Communication for Employment, Personality Development
Books/Book Chapters authored:
- Book Chapter “From ‘Abala’ to ‘Sabala’: Feminist Subjectivity in Sudhir Kakar’s Mira and the Mahatma” in book Reading Gandhi: Perspectives in the 21st Century, Nazneen Khan and Raj Gaurav Verma Ranu Uniyal, 01 January, 2022 https://amzn.eu/d/eBXSc7H
- Book chapter “Assaying Donna Haraway’s Cyborg Myth in Cyberfeminism” Book: New Approaches to English Literature, 2020, Ed. by Dr. Mohammad Tariq, Dr. Nadvi.
Publisher: Akinik Publications, New Delhi. 978-93-90541-59-1 https://amzn.eu/d/egdBbCZ
- Book chapter in “Diaspora Savior and Survivor: comparative study of Meera Syal and Shauna Singh Baldwin’s Female Protagonists” Book: Diasporic Writings: Narratives Across Space and time, 2020 Ed. by Dr. Neena Gupta Vij,
Assistant Professor, Central University of Jammu, Jammu. Publisher: Value Publications, New Delhi https://amzn.eu/d/gMA4Dxq
- Book chapter “From Proscenium arch to audiences’ heart: Comparative study Badal Sircar and Jerzy Grotowski” in Book: Post-Independence Indian Theatres Critical Perspectives, Ed. Debayan Deb Barman,
Susanta Kumar Bardhan, Publisher: YKING Press, 2020. ISBN:978-93-87945-85
- Book Chapter “The honest cult of Aamir Khan: a cultural study of Indian fandom” Book: Hero and Hero Worship: Fandom in Modern India
Publisher: Vernon Press, United States, Ed. Dr. Hariom Singh, Dr. Rahul Chaturvedi, Dr. Anita Singh, BHU, https://www.amazon.in/s?k=Hero+and+Hero+Worship%3A+Fandom+in+Modern+India&i=stripbooks&ref=nb_sb_noss
- Book Chapter “Discourse on Digital Age Violence against Women: Cyberfeminist perspective on Sudhir Kakar's Cultural Narratives” Book: Dynamics of Gender: New Perspectives on Feminism by Vishwanath Kaviraja Institute of Comparative Literature and Aesthetics, Eds. Dr. Anima Hussain, 2020
- Book Chapter “Virtual Educational Technology Revolution: Discourse in Millennial English Teaching” Book: E-Pedagogy for the Digital Age ISBN:9781716971143 May 2020. Publisher: Lulu, Hillsborough St., U.S.
- Book Chapter “‘A man will turn half a library to make one book’: Essence of Research Ethics in Digital Age” Book: Volume 5, A Multidisciplinary National Seminar on Ethics in Research in the Era of Digitalization, 28th April 2019, ISBN 978-81-939011-7-5 Publisher: S.R.S Publications & Distributions
Research publications in National/ International Journal:
- “Embracing the Orient, undoing the Occident: Cultural Study of Pierre Loti’s India” Journal: SP Publications International Journal of English and Studies (IJOES) An International Peer-Reviewed Journal Volume-3, Issue-5, 2021 www.ijoes.in ISSN: 2581-8333; Impact Factor: 5.421(SJIF) https://ijoes.in/papers/v3i5/13.IJOES-Vishakha%20Sen(111-122).pdf
- Research paper “Conjoining Ideology and Culture: A Study of Louis Althusser and Raymond Williams as Neo Marxists in Journal: IJMER Issue: Vol 9, Issue II- August 2020. http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/ijmer/pdf/volume9/volume9-issue8(4)-2020.pdf
- Paper “Last Night I Dreamt I Went to Manderley”: Psychoanalytic Discourse in Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca Journal: LangLit International Peer-Reviewed Open Access Journal, IF 5.61 Issue: ISSN 2349-5189 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ufVs-56s9RoYBKRd_VEN_YYwGDlMVpGO/view
- Research article ““Hope deferred maketh the heart sick”: Mental health discourse in the film My Left Foot” Journal: Muse India UGC Approved Journal ISSN 0975-1815 Issue:81 (Sep-Oct 2018) ‘Feature Mental Health’ http://www.museindia.com/Home/ViewContentData?arttype=feature&issid=81&menuid=7986
- Research paper “Sacrificed Independence to survive Partition: A Humanistic Study of Manohar Malgonkar’s A Bend in the Ganges” Journal: The Gnosis Journal, ISSN No. 2394-0131, 4.147 IF Issue: April Issue Vol. 4, 2017.
- Research article “Masterstrokes of Grotesque in Sherwood Anderson’s short stories” Journal: UGC approved Aayushi International Interdisciplinary Research Journal (AIIRJ) ISSN 2349-638x, (IF: 2.693) Issue: 23 January,2018 issue, page 221 to 226.
- Short Story “Adventure of a Young Woman at an Archipelago by Vishakha Sen” Page 56 in Rhetorica Quarterly Journal of Arts, Volume 1, Issue 4 https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:088375a0-478c-47a1-b828-31c4e769df23#pageNum=8
- Poetry- ‘A Spoonful Tamarind Rice’ published in Rhetoria Quarterly A Literary Journal of Arts and Literature https://www.lkouniv.ac.in/site/writereaddata/siteContent/202006261610334654Rhetorica_Quarterly_Issue%20I.pdf
- Poem published in Literary Yard https://literaryyard.com/2020/12/31/on-love-my-old-ironsmith/
- Poetry review in Cultural Reverence Magazine: Micro-poetry review Vishakha Sen’s review of a poem by Ayaskanta Mohapatra Poem Vol. II; No. 10; Date of Publication: 15th September, 2020 https://culturalreverence.wo0rdpress.com/micropoetry-review/
Paper presented at National/ International Conferences:
- Redefining Self Through Biofiction: Decrypting Sudhir Kakar’s Cultural Narratives” presented at ARISE 2021 Virtual international conference organized by Special Minds, Kiwi Miles, NZ, 24th- 26th Sep. 2021.
- Virtual Educational Technology Revolution: Discourse in Millennial English Teaching” presented at Two Day International Online Seminar on E-Pedagogy for the Digital Age, organized by Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University, Karapakkam, Chennai, 14th -15th May, 2020.
- Presented paper “Hope Deferred, Maketh the Heart Sick: Disability discourse in Select Millennial Films” in International Conference on Deglobalising Disability: Texts and Contexts Organizer: Department of English and Modern European Languages, University of Lucknow in collaboration with IDSC and PYSSUM: 21st -23rd October, 2019.
- Making of the Hero within: Representations of everyday heroes in postmodern Hollywood Cinema” during International Conference, In Search of the Hero(es) within the Genre and Beyond organized by Mahila Mahavidyalaya, BHU, Varanasi, 23rd- 24thFebruary, 2018.
- Presented paper “From Old Grimm’s Cinderella to Novum Cyborg: A Cyber Feminist Reading of Marissa Meyer’s Novel Cinder” at Online National Conference on The Impact of Globalization in Contemporary Literature, Education, Environment and Society, by VVM’s Arts and Commerce College, Akkalkuwa, Maharashtra, 26th -27thMay, 2020.
- Presented paper “From ‘Abala’ to ‘Sabla’: Feminist Subjectivity in Sudhir Kakar’s Mira and Mahatma” presented at National Seminar on Gandhi and Literature: Exploring the Ideological Fronts” organized by Department of English and M.E.L, University of Lucknow, 19thAugust, 2019.
- Presented paper “’A man will turn half a library to make one book’: Essence of Research Ethics in Digital Age” presented at Multidisciplinary National Seminar on Ethics in Research in the Era of Digitalization, organized by Gautam Buddha Degree College, 28th-29thApril, 2019.
- Presented paper “Discourse on Digital Age Violence against Women in Sudhir Kakar's cultural narratives” presented at National Conference on Violence against Women: Prevalence, Provisions and Way Out organized by Department of Social Work, University of Lucknow, 29-30thMarch, 2019.
- Indian Family dynamics in transition: Delineating familial codes of Sudhir Kakar’s cultural discourse” during National Seminar on Redefining Concepts: Tribe, Caste and Family organized by Ethnographic and Folk Culture society, Lucknow, 26th-27th March 2018.
- Professional Development Program (PDP) for Communication and Soft Skills at UPMRC UP Metro Rail Corporation, Lucknow JE, SCTOs, CRs
- Intensive Placement Trainings for disciplines all branches of B.Tech, B.Des, BioTech, BBA, MBA, BFA animation Final Batch 2021, 5th -6th February 2021.
- Employability Skills Building Workshop ESBW 2019, UG semester-I, II, III at Amity University Lucknow Campus.
- “Transformative Workshop: Campus to Corporate 2 Days Workshop” 4 hours duration. Amity University, 25th- 27th September, 2019
- Pedagogical Workshops- ‘Integrating Active Learning into Classroom Lectures’, ‘Techniques for Teaching in Multilevel Classrooms’, ‘Flipped Classrooms’ 9th-12thDecember, 2019.
- Conducted workshop for Arjunganj Degree College students: “Know your Body, Know your Rights” Programme, February 2018 by YP Foundation in collaboration with YES Foundation, Lucknow: A social awareness exercise.
- Conducted “Samvidhan Live: Jagrik Project” in January 2018 in collaboration with ComMutiny- The Youth Collective- The project helped UG students understand the Indian constitutional rights and duties through live tasks based on community sensitization, using video recording, social media handles.
- Training 4-Week Induction Programme for "Faculty universities/Colleges/Institutes of Higher Education", June 26 - July 24, 2020, and obtained grade-A organized by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching.
- Participated in 3 Days Workshop ‘Advanced Educational Techniques in Science and Humanities organized by Vasantrao Naik Arts, Science and Commerce College, 2nd- 4th June, 2020.
- Participated in One Week Online International Training Workshop on ‘Revised Assessment and Accreditation Framework of NAAC for Colleges’ at Guru Nanak Girls College, Kurukshetra University, Haryana, 13th -19th May, 2020.
- Participated in One Week National-Level Online Workshop on ‘Digital Teaching for Smart Learning’ at Titus II Teachers College, Tiruvella, Kerala and MES’s Pillai College of Education and Research, Chembur, Mumbai, 27th April- 3rd May, 2020.
- Training in Moodle Learning Management organized by Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India, 22nd April, 2020.
- Participated in Multidisciplinary International Workshop on “Enhancing Research Objective Writing Skills organized by Khwaja Moinnuddin Chisti Language University, Lucknow and Department of Trauma Surgery, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow in collaboration with Association of Research Professionals, Lucknow, 23rd February, 2020.
- Participated in Pedagogical Workshops on ‘Integrating Active Learning into Classroom Lectures’, ‘Techniques for Teaching in Multilevel Classrooms’ and ‘Flipped Classrooms’ by ASCENT Amity School of Communication Enhancement and Transformation, Amity University Lucknow Campus, Regional English Language Office (RELO), U.S. Embassy, New Delhi, and ELT@I LUCKNOW CHAPTER, 9th -12th December, 2019.
- Participated in HRDC collaborated with Intellectual Property Rights Management IPRC workshop on “Anti-plagiarism in Research writing”, by Integral University on 3rd August, 2019, Lucknow.
- Participated in Professional Development “The Power of Roles: Social Role Valorization SRV Orientation” by Keystone Institute, India on 31st July, 2018, Lucknow.
- Participated in Orientation Programme entitled “Introduction to Translation”, from 8th-12thAugust, 2016 at Department of Geology, University of Lucknow, at National Translation Mission, Central Institute of Indian Languages, from Lucknow, U.P, India.
- Participated in Webinar Course 13 Shaping the Way We Teach English completing 7.5 hours of professional development work between April 30-July 9, 2014 at Office of English Language Programs, Bureau of Educational and Cultural affairs, U.S. Department of State.
Professional Development Program attended
- 2-weeks International Faculty / Knowledge Development Programme on Teaching Efficacy at St. Joseph University, Nagaland and Special Minds, 14th – 27th February 2022.
- Participated in online FDP ‘One Week Online FDP in English Studies: “Remapping the Indian Novel in English” at Kirori Mal College, DU and Mizoram University, Aizawl, 21st -25th June, 2021.
- Participated in online international FDP “Communication Skills: Theory and Practices” at Department of Languages, Integral University, Lucknow, 14th -25th June,2021
- Philosophy, Self and Consciousness: Exploring the Context of Experience" A Free Online Two Credit Course Via Zoom: 2021, at Consciousness Studies Programme, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, 8th Feb.-7th June 2021.
- Participated in online FDP ‘Teaching, Learning and Research in Literature and Language, at Govt. VYT P.G. Autonomous College, Durg, Chattisgarh, 1st-5th July,2020.
- Training 4-Week Induction/Orientation Programme for" Faculty in Universities/Colleges/Institutes of Higher Education “from June 26 - July 24, 2020 and obtained grade-A by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhiunder the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching.